Thursday, April 1, 2010

Google Sites (and my frustration with it!)


Today, I visited Google Sites, a sister site to the Google web engine, in order to better know this web authoring tool; it helps users create their own sites, then hosts them (via, of course, Google).

I decided to try it out, as per the assigned procedure. I went through the process of picking out templates, the site name, etc., but, when I finally reached the end of the page, I hit a snag; no matter how many times I typed in the letters to the CAPTCHA (that is, those random letters that registration sites make soon-to-be users type in to identify whether or not they are actual human beings), the damned thing would not let me create a site! I am sure that I typed all the letters in correctly, every time, but still it would not let me through; this is a major concern for any possible users who would want to use Google Sites.

In short, despite my technological proficiency, and eagerness to try the site out, I could not, for all my attempts, get in.

EDIT: Upon further review, it appears that the site name I registered, Test Site, had already been used, as had variations upon my own name; as a final resort, I tried it with my first, middle, and last names, and finally managed to create my own test site.

No comments:

Post a Comment