Friday, April 9, 2010

5 Causes That Interest Me

  1. Handicapped Rights -- Since I am physically handicapped, myself, I would like to raise awareness about me and people like me; however, the mentally handicapped are also usually included in this spectrum, and I, for one, would like to bring up public empathy for such people.
  2. Animal Abuse -- I love animals, so seeing shows (like those on Animal Planet) where so many different animals come out sick, broken, and maimed makes me sick; awareness needs to be raised for those poor creatures, and to prevent other animals becoming like them.
  3. Illiteracy -- So many people in this world still have no ability to either read or write; I would like to spread those gifts to them.
  4. Health Care -- Too many good people in this country are uninsured without proper cause; let's do something about it.
  5. Gay Rights -- "Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" is a logical fallacy; it's time for consenting adults who love each other be granted all the benefits that come with marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment